Saturday, November 8, 2008

Invasion!

After a very long time spent waiting around at the airport we made it to Pokhara. We are staying at a small guest house where the proceeds benefit a child welfare organization. The shower has warm water from solar panels on the roof, and we were super excited because the place had two guest towels in the room! What a luxury! Sadly, upon returning from a very long day hike to the world peace pagoda (an 1,100 meter climb), we discovered a colony of sugar ants that had invaded our room. Brandon killed most of them and left their tiny bodies as a warning to the others. . . Currently we just finished dinner at an amazing place where I had fish from the lake (the first meat I have had in at least a month) , and mashed potatoes and broccoli. Probably the only balanced meal I have had since we have been here. The meat markets have been enough to make anyones stomach turn and I am refusing to eat red meat until we get home (at least) The poor animals get tied up outside of the market stalls unknowing of their fate, and nothing is ever refrigerated much less free of flies. If someone put a steak in front of me I would refuse to eat it.

1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

Cydney, your aunt in Georgia is very proud of you and Brandon. I am enjoying your blogs and am looking forward to reading each of them. Ya'll are in my thoughts and prayers.
Love
Mary Lou